lifestyle

How to wrap with TK Maxx

November 23, 2017

I hope you’re having a great week because it’s officially 30 nights left before Christmas morning!! How exciting is that? Time flies right? Now the real question is are you ready for Christmas?

Most people think Christmas is about opening gifts and spending time with your family. Now you’re mostly right but most people spend the last few nights leading up to Christmas panicking and not being able to get the correct item for that special gift someone has been requesting. Fear not, I’m here to teach you where to get all the best deals and how to cleverly disguise your gifts via expert wrapping skills.
Last week I had the honour of attending TK Maxx’s masterclass wrapping session. What’s a masterclass wrapping session you say? Well it’s exactly what it sounds like, a class that teaches you how to wrap neatly and conceal the gift. No more of those scrunched up no good wrapping and hello to perfectly hidden gifts!

Some of you may have heard of TK Maxx but for those of you who haven’t, TK Maxx is your one stop shop for everything without the hefty price tags! They source out the best home, women’s, men’s, beauty and luxe products at the best prices. Some of the items you’d find include high quality luggage, bath and makeup goods, mid to luxe branded women’s and men’s clothing, great variety of shoes and a large array of cute home decor. For Christmas they also have the cutest ribbons and wrapping paper so make sure to grab those there while you’re Christmas shopping!

At last week’s class we were lucky enough to be joined by Vivienne Anthon who helped us with fancy ideas on how to cleverly conceal our gifts through wrapping. Some notable mentions are hiding small items by changing the shape. For example you may cleverly hide by putting small items into a cylindrical tube. As you cleverly wrap the cylindrical tube you can also place other distractions including bells and things that rattle. It will definitely make the person wonder what their gift is.
Another clever idea I loved was the use of takeaway bowls. You simply place your takeaway noodle bowl on top of your small gift and wrap the gift upwards and tie with a ribbon. It makes for a disguised Christmas pudding and is super cute for under the tree!
A few gifts I chose during my class at TK Maxx were disguised book cases and two jewellery glass boxes. The reason I chose these were because I recently have been looking for various boxes that could store my never ending supply of jewellery. I wanted a classy gold glass box but most of the ones I found whilst hunting for this were absolutely out of my budget (they are usually over $100) but at TK Maxx I was able to get the same quality for about one quarter of the price! I was so impressed by the array of products that I could get at such great value. $100 takes you so far in this store, believe me !

One of the jewellery glass box was such an odd shape and we had trouble wrapping it up due to its shape. Lucky for me Vivienne Anthon taught me some tricks such as cutting a stencil shape over the top of my gift to avoid sharp corners when wrapping and also to always use double sided sticky tape (for clean look gift wrapping).
What do you think of the final look? Pretty right?
What are your secret wrapping tips and tricks in the lead up to Christmas? If you have any I’d love to hear it and please also let me know what you’d buy from TK Maxx in the comments below 🙂

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

• Reply Christine Kong November 25, 2017 at 6:18 PM

I am obsessed with wrapping! I have always loved wrapping gifts and making them pretty. What a fun idea to do a class to disguise how to wrap gifts too. The wrapping paper you chose is so cute and I love all the holiday decor there. TK Maxx sounds like TJ Maxx here which is amazing! I love finding discounted items and they have such a great selections. In fact, I always buy my wrapping paper only there because they have adorable designs and they are so affordable! xoxo, Christine

• Reply Vanessa Berlin November 26, 2017 at 5:48 PM

Hey love,
    How are you? I know right! I can’t believe it’s almost Christmas. Time truly flies by so so fast it’s insane. It almost feels like 2017 was starting a couple of days ago. When the holidays start to arrive I honestly get so stressed because I have a lot of things going through my mind. Having to get gifts for the family, getting everything done, wrapping gifts, etc. Not gonna lie wrapping is one of my least favorite things to do. But I think it’s definitely essential to get a better looking present. It’s so fun how you actually took a wrapping class, I should do the same, haha. Overall, I think you were able to disguise them really well. Thanks for sharing, I loved reading about it!

xoxo, vanessa

• Reply Jessie November 26, 2017 at 9:30 PM

I have never heard of TK MAXX before. I’m not the best when it comes to Christmas gift wrapping. It’s so amazing to know there are actually master classes out there to teach you the best Christmas wrapping skills. This would be a very fun session to have with the girl friends. I wish I was in Sydney to attend the master class with you. Your wrapping looked amazing!!! Maybe I will schedule a class in when I’m back in Aus next month before the Christmas time

xx, Jessie

• Reply Manda November 27, 2017 at 9:19 AM

Here we have TJ Maxx and I definitely purchased a few of my Christmas gifts there this year! I always love finding good deals on sheets and pillows there but they also have really great home decor I’m a fan of too! I love the idea of a gift wrapping master class. That’s something I’d definitely love to do! How amazing that Vivienne Anthon was able to teach you some tricks and I love the idea of hiding presents in other items. My husband is the king of figuring out what each present is based on shape and a shake so this sounds like it’s for me! Love the way your wrapped yours! Beautiful!

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

• Reply Open Kloset November 27, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Hey Darling,
    How are you?
    Can’t wait for Christmas:)
    We don’t have TJ Maxx here but would be Awesome:)
    Loved the Final Version how you wrapped yours:) So Pretty:)
    I am not as Good with wrapping but I try my best Every Year:)
    Love, Open Kloset By Karina
    Wish you Happy New Week

• Reply Eliza November 28, 2017 at 3:29 AM

Uuu, I recently went to TK MAXX too! And OMG they have some amazing Christmas things there! This is basically a Christmas paradise! All the wrapping paper and all the decorations caught me unawares. And I fell in love with it, so I bought a lot! I love the idea of wrapping the presents, it looks so unique.

Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

• Reply Michelle November 28, 2017 at 10:28 AM

Wow -your wrapping skills are impressive! I need a master class ASAP – I wonder if they hold them here in the US at TJ Maxx as well. I love that you selected challenging shapes – that makes it so much more fun! I’m totally stealing that concealing trick – I usually just pick a box or bag but this method is waaaay better!
    XO

• Reply Jen November 29, 2017 at 1:10 AM

I need to sign up for this masterclass! What a great idea on beautifully concealed gift wrapping. I always admire those who can wrap gifts so neatly. I would get the jewelry box too because I’m always losing my daintier pieces. My cats also knock over the trays so a concealed jewelry box is definitely welcome this Christmas. I love how you wrapped yours! I couldn’t tell what it was at all! I wish they had a TK Maxx here.

• Reply Natalia k November 29, 2017 at 1:09 PM

I absolutely love TK Maxx they have so many amazing goodies in store and I can just imagine the Christmas selection would be fabulous.
    Your timing for this article is perfect as I should get started on wrapping gifts rather then the mad dash right at the last moment.
    You have some fabulous ideas on cool wrapping tricks
    I love the one about inserting bells to make the recipient wonder what’s inside how cool is that!
    Xo
    Natalia k

• Reply Eva November 29, 2017 at 10:32 PM

Beautiful jewelry box. I need to receive exactly this. Awesome and nice design. I’m not very practic with wrapping but I would like to know more . My grandmother used to make a ribbon and slip into a little Christmas tree ram. So kind and naturally.
    Xx
    Eva

• Reply Diana December 1, 2017 at 5:45 AM

Every Christmas is such a big stress for me, because I don’t know what to give to people I love. I don’t want to buy something they don’t need. Wrapping is my next head pain, I would love to do some classes on learning how to wrap. Looks like you are a pro now!

• Reply Thomas Falkenstedt December 3, 2017 at 6:37 AM

I have always thought Christmas presents shouldn’t cost a fortune and that the thought actually counts more than the cost of the present and it seems like TK Maxx shares my philosophy. I’ve also always been fascinated with the art of gift wrapping and as a younger boy (WAY younger) I actually worked at a gift shop and learned the art of gift wrapping and I think it’s such a joy to give beautiful presents (no matter their value) wrapped in beautiful creations and am so happy you had the chance to learn the art of it from Vivienne Anthon. And yes, triangular things are tricky, but it ended up being beautiful.
    Thomas xx

• Reply Sofia December 5, 2017 at 5:42 PM

I would love to do something like this! I’ve always considered myself a good wrapper. But then when you go to a more upscale store and they wrap it for you, you just wish you could make every package look like that! Love the idea of it all 😊

• Reply Massiel December 8, 2017 at 12:29 AM

I have a little (huge, live really huge *insert Trump accent) obsession with TK Maxx, I literally go every weekend to check what’s new (treasure hunting), and even if I’m not planning to buy anything I just like to wander around the shop (I know, that’s sad). But the truth is that they do have amazing stuff at amazing prices!

I’ve got most of my Christmas decorations there btw 🙂