lifestyle, travel

Ibis Styles Myeong Dong

October 8, 2017

Hello from the busy streets of Seoul! I’m currently in the city of Myeong Dong in Korea and wanted to share with you my stay at Ibis Styles Myeong Dong. This is a cute boutique hotel that’s a part of the Accor Hotels brand. It’s my 5th time in Seoul but my first time staying at Ibis Styles.
Living in Ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Myeong Dong is incredibly convenient as it is located only 2 short minutes away from Myeong Dong station. Getting here is also rather easy as you can take the 6015 bus from Incheon Airport and it drops you very close to the hotel. The ride is around just over an hour long.

Not only is this boutique hotel conveniently located in the heart of Myeong Dong, the hotel also boasts a private bath and a spacious rooftop restaurant. The view from the breakfast lounge is amazing and there is quite a variety of different food to choose from their breakfast lounge. If it’s your first time visiting Seoul I would highly recommend staying nearby Myeong Dong as there are a lot of shops and street vendors in this area as well as nearby markets such as Namdaemun markets which is only a short distance away from Myeong Dong.

The last two days here have been so relaxing because the hotel has its own bath, sauna and gym. You also get free wi-fi here! It’s convenient for mornings right before going shopping at Myeong Dong. The shops generally open at 10am so there’s plenty of time for you to take a dip in the bath and enjoy breakfast with a view before heading out for the day. The streets of Myeong Dong are also filled with streetstyle markets that sell food, clothing, accessories and more. These street vendors sell some amazing items and generally start opening shop at 4 or 5pm and finish at around 10 or 10.30pm.

Where have you stayed when visiting Seoul? Have you ever stayed in Ibis Styles? I would love to hear about your experiences!

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

• Reply Jennifer Quattrucci October 8, 2017 at 11:00 PM

I have never been to Seoul but when I do I will definitely try Ibis Styles! Such an amazing atmosphere and the most fabulous food and amenities I’ve seen anywhere! I would really love to go shopping on the streets of Myeong Dong!!!

• Reply Diana October 9, 2017 at 3:16 AM

Omg, I am so jealous that you are in Seoul. I miss Seoul so much. Last time, I travelled there in 2015. This hotel is really cool. I never stayed there. Normally I book AirBnb’s to experience Korean lifestyle. But Ibis hotel look truly cool.

• Reply Britta October 9, 2017 at 3:55 AM

I have Always wanted to visit Seoul, but haven’t been there yet!
    When I do visit I definitely need to stay here at Ibis Styles! It sounds like it has the best location and the rooftop restaurant has the best view!
    I mean there is nothing better than breakfast with a view right?!;-)
    Xo
    Britta

• Reply Open Kloset October 9, 2017 at 4:06 AM

Hey Sweetie,
    Hows you?
    I always wanted to visit Seul and Never stayed Any Ibis Hotel 😉 But If I will visit Seul definitely will stay in this Ibis Hotel, So Gorgeous and Elegant:)
    I always Go to The Hotels Spas, Sauna and Steam bath my Favorite;) Sooo Good for Skin:)
    Rooftop Restaurants are the Best:)
    Love Kisses
    Happy Sunday
    Open Kloset By Karina

• Reply Christine Kong October 9, 2017 at 5:08 AM

Accor Hotels have the best brands under them and this Ibis Styles Myeong Dong hotel is no exception. I love the shopping area of Meyong Dong and what a fabulous location for this hotel t be right in the center of it all. The rooftop dining sounds perfect to have breakfast while seeing the hustle and bustle of Seoul beneath you. You are so lucky to be in Korea again this year. I love Korea and want to go visit again too and I would totally stay at this hotel with that amazing pool and spacious room. Free WiFi is a major bonus too! Have a great time there and can’t wait to see more of your travels. xoxo, Christine

• Reply Helen Chik October 9, 2017 at 3:18 PM

I still haven’t been to Korea yet but I would love to check out Seoul because I’ve heard great things about it. The hotel looks so centrally located and how amazing does that bath look?! Enjoy your time away babe and catch up when you’re back!!!

Helen xx

• Reply Jill Wright October 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM

I really need to travel more. All your posts lately have been giving me itchy feet! I was just chatting to a friend yesterday who was telling me Seoul is a must see location.

The Ibis looks great! Bright and cheerful with all the amenities you need.

Thanks for sharing lovely… and great handbag!

J. x

• Reply Tandya October 10, 2017 at 4:34 PM

The Accor hotels are beautiful! I have stayed at a few throughout my trips to Europe. I love boutique hotels and the Ibis Styles Myeong Dong looks so sweet and cozy! It is great to be close to the city, especially if you aren’t familiar with the area. I remember seeing this bath on your Instagram! It looks so relaxing! Thanks for sharing!

Safe travels!
    XO
    Tandya

• Reply Sheree October 10, 2017 at 7:50 PM

The location of this hotel is so perfect and convenient! I have never been to Korea before but have heard many great things about shopping and the bustle of Myeong Dong district. I love the pretty patio that has the view as well as the wonderful bathtub that you took a soak in, so relaxing! Will def have to check out this hotel if I am in Soul.

xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

• Reply Eliza October 10, 2017 at 11:53 PM

To be honest, I love staying at boutique hotels, because they have their own unique charm and atmosphere. This Ibis Styles Myeong Dong looks so great. And what could be better than the rooftop restaurant? This is probably one of my favourite things when it comes to boutique hotels, haha! And I really love the suite, the design is so modern and clean, love it! I’ve never been in Seoul, but when I do, I’ll definitely go for something like Ibis Styles.

Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

• Reply michelle October 11, 2017 at 11:01 AM

I’ve never been to Seoul but it’s on my bucket list. The Ibis looks like such a fun boutique hotel – you always find the cutest spots! That rooftop deck is everything! And I could curl up in the huge bed right about now!
    XO

• Reply Jacqueline October 11, 2017 at 2:21 PM

That’s so amazing that you’re in Seoul right now! And that view girl! YASSASSS! That rooftop deck, the location. It’s everything. If I ever check out Seoul I’ll make sure to check out Ibis. I bet you’re having all of the amazing food. I would die to stay at a boutique hotel and have all of the things.

Thanks for sharing!
    xox
    Jacqueline

• Reply Natalia k October 11, 2017 at 10:45 PM

What a lovely boutique hotel at Ibis Styles Myeong Dong it sounds like it’s in a really convenient location and having Wi-Fi is so necessary as a blogger Plus being close to the shops is a must have for every fashionista.
    That bath looks so relaxing , The rooftop restaurant sounds amazing I bet the food is out of this world good.
    Xo
    Natalia k

• Reply Manda October 12, 2017 at 6:27 AM

So glad you enjoyed your first time staying at Ibis Styles Myeong Dong. I’ve never visited Seoul and always enjoy reading post on places and hotels I’ve never been! It’s great to book mark and come back to when deciding to visit the area. I feel like it’s key to be close wherever you travel so I love that Ibis Styles Myeong Dong is close to everything including street vendors. The breakfast view is truly impeccable and so tranquil feeling! I have to ask you because I’ve never seen it before but why is the bath water purple? What’s added to it? I love those types of trips where you can relax and sleep in and it seems like Ibis Styles Myeong Dong is the perfect place to stay in Seoul if you want to do that!

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

• Reply Kierra October 12, 2017 at 6:54 AM

Korea is a place I need to visit. I would love to learn more about the Korean culture and really involves myself in the environment. Ibis Styles Myeong Dong seems to be right in the middle of it all. Saunas and pools are so great at hotels. Usually when you are in a hotel you’re out and about doing things so it’s nice to come back and do something relaxing. I know I would fall in the with the shopping by the way you have explained it. I love shopping and street style vendors always makes for some kind of adventure. While staying at this hotel did you get good sleep? It just seems to be right in the middle of it all. I like to stay at places where I could still get a good nights sleep.

-Kierra

• Reply Candace October 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM

I have always wanted to visit Seoul, ever since I saw it being raved about on America’s Next Top Model as a gorgeous country. I have never stayed at Ibis Styles Myeong Dong, but it would definitely be a great choice since it’s within such close proximity to local hotspots. An hour ride from the airport isn’t bad at all, especially if you’re going to be relaxing in paradise as it looks like you are here. What a gorgeous place to enjoy the city!

• Reply Vanessa October 12, 2017 at 10:52 AM

This is amazing! For some strange reason ive been seeing many images from all over Korea. And it looks beautiful! I’ve personally had the opportunity to travel there but I’d loveee to. I’d love to learn more about their ways of life and culture. The food and view both look wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply marcy October 12, 2017 at 9:47 PM

So jealous babe I never been to Korea but this destination is on my bucket list for sure. The hotel looks so well located and the views from the restaurant and the rooftop look amazing. The fact that you stay here was so convenient since you were so close to everything you wanted to explore and then come back to take a relaxing bath. Cool about the wifi! I hate when hotel charge for the wifi lol
    Thanks for sharing