style

Duo Boots

June 18, 2017

Happy weekend everyone! Today let’s talk about customised shoes or to be more specific customised boots. Have you ever had a pair of customised boots? I personally had not realised that we can obtain customised boots until I heard about Duo Boots. Duo Boots are the fairytale fitters for your winter boots.

I know what you’re thinking, what in the world are fitted boots and is that just the same as the normal boots we already wear and buy from department stores? The answer is NO! Custom boots are boots that are made to measure to your particular calf size and believe me, once you try these you won’t want to go back to regular unfitted boots!

The process is quite easy – you pick a style, measure your calf size in cm and order through the site. VOILA the shoes will be with you within 2 days! How fast right? Truly fairytale fitters!

My experience ordering the Demetre boots:
I like my boots not too tight so I ordered 1cm larger than what I measured my calf to be.
The boots came within 2 days of ordering.
Also note – if the boots do not fit you they have placed an envelope to help you return the boots back to them and for them to replace it with the right size.
Overall the fit was amazing and the boots were so comfy!
See below for photos.

You Might Also Like

21 Comments

• Reply Tandya June 19, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Thank you for introducing me to Duo Boots! I have never heard of a customized boot brand, but this is definitely what I need! I have very narrow calves, so I always have the hardest time finding a boot that isn’t too wide for me! How much are the boots? I’d love to get my hands on a customized pair!

• Reply Christine Kong June 19, 2017 at 5:23 PM

Oh wow, I totally see the benefits of a customized pair of boots. Calf size is hard to get right and not all calves are created equal. I love this idea and think Duo Boots is really onto something. I have smaller calves and always need to return boots because they slouch down. I will look into this because it would be great to get a pair of boots that actually fit my calves! Thanks for the referral! xoxo, Christine

• Reply Jennifer Lee Quattrucci June 19, 2017 at 10:57 PM

This is completely amazing! First of all I seriously love boots and wear them all year long in so many different styles but I always have a problem with fit. I take a ridiculously big shoe size (9 USA) but my calves are crazy small ! Second of all this is totally a fairytale to me because I’ve often dreamed about properly fitting boots ! Third I can’t believe they arrived in 2 days ! I will definitely try Duo Boots and I must say you look positively stunning in yours !!

• Reply Wanderlustts June 20, 2017 at 1:05 AM

Oh Mandy, that’s amazing! I had no idea there were websites that allowed us to customize our footwear to fit us as snugly as possible. It’s actually so interesting there are such niche services like these because I wouldn’t have even known about Duo Boots if it weren’t for this post to be honest!
    Personally I also like it slightly looser because it won’t feel too tight when we’re moving about so good call on getting it 1cm bigger because it still looks like it fits perfectly.
    Very interesting service i’d have to look into before winter starts again. But I guess no rush because if their shipping is that fast I could do it last minute like I always do LOL.

Wanderlustts

• Reply Maryam June 20, 2017 at 8:36 AM

I’ve never had any kind of customized shoes. And sometimes I find it hard to find the right shoes that’s stylish and comfortable at the same time. Thank you for introducing this to us. I must agree that calves size is one of the most important factor when it comes to finding the right boots. The boots are very stylish too.

xx, Maryam

• Reply Aimara June 20, 2017 at 12:51 PM

These boots are so cute and look so comfy! I had no idea this existed to be honest, so thanks for sharing!
    Definitely checking it out. I totally see why you wouldn’t want to go back to buy in-store boots again LOL
    XO
    Aimara

• Reply Maggie June 20, 2017 at 3:10 PM

I’ve actually never heard of customized boots. I wish they would do this to all styles because I have the hardest time finding the right pair that fit my calves. The Dementre boots you ordered look so good on you and they fit perfectly!

xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    ❤Clothestomidnight.com

• Reply Eliza June 20, 2017 at 7:31 PM

Wow, that sounds fantastic. I had no idea that such shoes even exist. And now I’m so curious to try them out too. To be honest, I’ve always had issues when it comes to the perfect size because I have 37-37.5 so I really have to try a lot before consider buying one. So these customised boots are just a great idea. And wow, 2 days, sounds fab as well. Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll definitely check them out because I need a good pair of shoes for winter.

Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

• Reply Michelle June 20, 2017 at 10:01 PM

I love your new boots! I have super skinny legs so finding boots that don’t look huge is nearly impossible. I’ve spent a small fortune taking them to the shoe repair to have them taken in. A custom boot sounds amazing! And I’m so impressed with the 2 day turnaround!
    XO

• Reply Jacqueline June 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Oh my god I had no idea you could get custom boots and I’m seriously obsessed with boots. I’m going to have to check them out. The quality looks amazing and I love how easy it is. I always go for comfort to so that’s a plus! Thanks for the tip!

• Reply Aurela lacaj June 21, 2017 at 2:10 PM

I’ve actually never heard of customized boots or Duo Boots. I love the idea of having custom fitted boots, specially when you have small calfs. The quality looks amazing and comfy to wear all day long. Very impressed with ETA, 2 days turnaround is seriously amazing. Now I am very curious to check them out. Thanks for sharing !

Aurela x

• Reply Lily Rose June 21, 2017 at 4:51 PM

Ok how they can customize the boots and get them to you in 2 days is beyond my imagination! It’s extraordinary customer service. But the idea of customizing boots to my style and sizing alone blows my mind. Many times I find pre made boots too big for my tiny calves, so this idea is genius. Thanks for sharing Duo Boots with us, I definitely will check them out once fall/winter season comes again here in the states.

-Lily from With Love Lily Rose

• Reply Vanessa Berlin June 21, 2017 at 6:09 PM

This is really amazing! I have never heard about customizing your own shoes and as you mentioned, more specific your boots! What a wonderful idea, I would definitely check Duo Boots and I will let you know my experience. The pair you chose are so cool, totally edgy and perfect to complement any chic and edgy look!
    Thanks for sharing, Mandy!

Vanessa

• Reply Open Kloset June 22, 2017 at 1:49 AM

Hey Love,
    Hows you?
    I never heard about Duo Boots but such an Amazing idea:) Customized Boots , Sooo Great Idea:)
    What you Choosed so Unique:)
    Love the Style sooo much:)
    I will check out now Duo Boots:)
    Thank you for sharing your Experience:)
    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset By Karina
    Happy Day

• Reply Manda June 22, 2017 at 8:50 AM

What a great idea! I love customized shoes but I’ve never had a pair of custom boots before. It makes so much sense! I cannot tell you the amount of boots I’ve ordered and sent back because the calf was too big or too small! Duo Boots is such a great solution! I have a very similar pair to these already and I’m going to go check out their site now! Thanks for the review!

Manda | http://EvocaitvelyChosen.com

• Reply Candace June 22, 2017 at 11:22 AM

What an innovative idea. There’s definitely a difference between standard boots and custom ones. Such a smart idea to take calf measurements into consideration! A lot of us have smaller legs (haha me) and people like my mom have slightly larger calves, so Duo Boots is such an innovative brand in being able to cater to more people. I love their concept!

• Reply Warren Pasi June 22, 2017 at 11:40 AM

These boots are such a great idea, Mandy! I love the style and the fact that their custom made to you is even better! Hope you’re having a fab week and great post XOWP

• Reply Sheree June 22, 2017 at 3:18 PM

Oh…I love the idea of customizing boots!!! I have issues fitting some of the trendy boots because certain areas like the calf or ankle doesn’t fit right. I have small ankles so most boots would bunch up around there and the Duo Boots idea would be the perfect solution! Excellent recommendation Mandy, heading to their site to check it out right now!

~ xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

• Reply Eva June 23, 2017 at 8:07 AM

Wow . Absolutely great idea ! I never heard before..it’s really very practical so people can find something for their exigencies.
    Thanks to share looking great on your feet.
    Xx
    Eva

• Reply Ana Vukosavljevic June 23, 2017 at 10:41 PM

These boots are so good! I didn’t wear them for years, I love wearing ankle boots more, but this are a must have, they are such a classic!

• Reply Kayla June 27, 2017 at 11:47 PM

Omg! Where has this been all my life! lol This is definitely something I struggle with when I go shopping for boots. My calves are so tiny, so I can never find a pair of over the knee, or riding boots that actually stay up without slouching. I will definitely be grabbing me a pair of these when fall rolls around! Thanks for sharing!