lifestyle, travel

Bermuda

June 14, 2017

Today let’s talk destination weddings. I know some of you are around the same age as me and either have been dreaming of a wedding, just gotten engaged, planning a wedding or have been through your own wedding. No matter which category you’re in let’s take a moment to explore the idea of a destination wedding.

So what really is a destination wedding? A destination wedding is defined as marrying at least 100miles from where the bride currently lives. So imagine the options that definition opens up for you — the world really is your playground. It is also an opportunity for couples to celebrate their marriage at a gorgeous destination of their choosing away from home. You’ll definitely stand out from the crowd.

I was lucky enough to be invited by The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort in Bermuda to help cover the possibility of Bermuda as YOUR potential wedding destination (that’s right it could be YOURS). Let’s talk about Bermuda for a second. Forget everything you know about the Bermuda Triangle. Bermuda is a beautiful country island situated east of the United States of America. It’s about an hour and a half plane ride from New York City and the waters are clear blue.

As we touched down in Bermuda we saw a line of cute white step-like roofed houses. Their walls range from all different colours of the rainbow but they all had one thing in common, the white limestone roofs. The reason all houses in Bermuda have white stepped roofs is because the island of Bermuda has no fresh-water springs, rivers or lakes. The white step-like roofs are designed to harvest rain. The steps slow the rainfall helping the gutters to collect the water and store it in a tank under the house.

The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort is located in the middle of the island and is approximately a 25 minute taxi ride from the Airport. If you’d like you can ask the resort to organise a taxi to be pre-booked and wait for you at the arrivals. The 25 minute ride is quite scenic and you’ll enjoy seeing the clear blue seas – something we rarely see in Australia or the United States of America.

Upon arrival we are greeted by super friendly staff and taken to our room. Our room has an amazing ocean view and each room is different so each guest would have a unique experience. There are individual rooms and there are also 2,3 or 4 bedroom style housing to accommodate for families or to accommodate as a place for the bridal party to get ready with hair and make up as well as any family members to be housed together. In total there are 9 cottages interspersed throughout the lush gardens as well as 26 rooms and 5 suites adjacent to the clubhouse offering spectacular views of the beach and ocean. (All with private terraces!)

The uniqueness of The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort is that it provides such a huge amount of venue choices. You have the wedding lawn which is a spacious grass area near the entrance. Here you can have the ceremony, cocktails & canapes or even a buffet style sit down for the bigger groups.

For those opting for more of a sit down style three course menu the resort have the Long Tail terrace restaurant which can seat up to 100-150 people. This is perfect for a beautiful sit down overlooking the scenic beach.

The possibilities are endless and it’s not only a venue for your wedding but a place where all your guests can enjoy the facilities and not worry about leaving. There are just that many things on offer that your guests will be feeling comfortably right at home here. With activities such as golfing, tennis, swimming and snorkelling at the beach, squash, croquet, relaxing spa treatments and the various restaurants on offer – there will definitely be no shortage of fun to be had. But why believe my words when you can see for yourself through these pictures 🙂

And before I forget – the food here is absolutely phenomenal (I spent the entirety of my 3 nights here eating eating and eating!)

It’s also worthy to note that it can be a bit hard to picture without all the decorations in place in the pictures above. That’s why I have a handy website where you can see real weddings via this website – the photographer has done many works for weddings based at The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort. I had so much fun shooting this wedding editorial for you all in Bermuda – I hope you enjoyed reading it 🙂 Let me know your thoughts on destination weddings, would you have them?

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply Jennifer Quattrucci June 14, 2017 at 2:54 AM

Dear Mandy,
    Oh my goodness! How amazing is this that you were asked to visit The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort to share it as a wedding destination option! I have never been to Bermuda but it looks like Jim and I will have to add this to our list! I had no idea it was only an hour and a half from New York City ! The scenic view and clear blue seas sound amazing and your pictures are breathtaking! I love how you can choose from so many different venues at this resort. I would definitely opt for the sit down 3 course menu at the Long Tail terrace restaurant!!
    Thank you so much Mandy for such a delightful post and fabulous idea !!!!
    Yours truly,
    Jennifer

• Reply Michelle June 14, 2017 at 3:36 AM

So pretty Mandy! You look like a princess 🙂 I went to Bermuda for my honeymoon and it was gorgeous! I’ve never seen water so blue! I wish I could have gone a destination wedding – we had too many people to invite LOL. This looks like the perfect venue for a wedding!!
    XO

• Reply Open Kloset June 14, 2017 at 4:36 AM

Hey Love ,
    How are you?
    Ohhh God, perfect Place to get Married in The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort:)
    I never heard about Bermuda Island but thanks to you now I do:)
    Your Dress was a Dream and I can imagine myself eating eating 3 days in that Paradise:)
    I am such a Foodaholic:) ahhha:)
    After seeing this post I just want to get married there 🙂 ahhhh:)
    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset By Karina

• Reply Eva June 14, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Absolutely stunning pictures and views. This see is awesome and I never see the Bermuda until yet. Very nice because it’s not far from NY so anyone can easily travel or fly here. You’re dress is stunning, like the bodice detail and what’s about food ? I would merried here …
    Xx
    Eva

• Reply Wanderlustts June 14, 2017 at 8:44 AM

A destination wedding is something I’ve always thought about because what can be more romantic than being wisp away to a foreign place to celebrate your love for one another. But I guess I never thought of an exact location, I just really loved the idea. But gosh Mandy you’ve made Bermuda sound like such an enticing location! It has so many cute little quirky details too like the white limestone roof top that harvest water – It’s both visually adorable and economical which is a bonus for me! Surprisingly a lot more amenities than I expected, golfing, swimming and omg YES to spa treatments. I’m actually thoroughly impress by this…especially the food. Something I’d remember when my special day comes and I have to plan out my wedding. Maybe Bermuda will be on my list hehe.

Wanderlustts

• Reply Christine Kong June 14, 2017 at 10:31 AM

I love the idea of destination weddings! They are so fun for not only the couple getting married but also for the guests. This resort in Bermuda sounds and looks like the perfect place to get hitched. I love that there are many options for venues to get married and the location itself is such a beautiful backdrop. The food does look amazing and can you imagine waking up after getting married to service like that? I also love that it is intimate there and you would basically have the entire resort to yourself and your guests. xoxo, Christine

• Reply marcy June 14, 2017 at 12:38 PM

Destination weddings absolutely Yes!!! Four Seasons magazine ask me the exact question: what place would I recommend for a wedding I have to say Seychelles it’s a good one or a beautiful wedding in Africa! I never been to Bermuda but its been on my bucket list for a while. The Coral Beach & resort looks amazing and so cool they offer different venue options. You pictures are absolutely breathtaking and love your dress with those cute balloons.

xoxo
    Marcy

• Reply maryam June 14, 2017 at 2:44 PM

OMG! You look just like a princess. I really like this gown. I am not married, never been. But I always imagined having a destination wedding when the day comes. And getting married on the beach is definitely a dream. It’s different and would be memorable for the bride and groom and all their guests. It’s almost having your honeymoon at the same time too, specially if you choose a gorgeous destination like Bermuda.

xx, Maryam

• Reply Aimara June 14, 2017 at 2:46 PM

I would totally have a destination wedding and Bermuda sounds like heaven!
    These photos are so beautiful Mandy and the The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort seems to have it all!
    They have so many amazing photos on their website that’s hard not to imagine myself there 🙂 And the one you took (especially the food ones) have me drooling right now!
    Thanks for sharing!
    XO
    Aimara

• Reply Brown Eyed Toast June 14, 2017 at 3:19 PM

I kept hearing about Bermuda and always thought it was rather far like the Caribbeans, but it’s remarkable to learn that it’s just 1.5 hours by flight from nyc! Thank you for sharing your experience at the Coral Beach and Tennis Resort with us. It really does sound like the perfect location to have a spectacular destination wedding. I usually judge a property by the quality of their food & presentation, and based on your photos, they surely do not disappoint! Not only is the property itself ideal but Bermuda the island as a whole just sounds so quaint and beautiful. Details like those white stepped roofs, dreamy beaches that go for miles, and variety of activities available make Bermuda the ideal vacation hotspot. I was just discussing with the hubby where to take our next trip, and we’ll definitely have to look into the Coral Beach Resort into consideration! 🙂

xo Soo | http://www.BrownEyedToast.com

• Reply Aurela lacaj June 14, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Gosh this is breathtaking and you look stunning in that white gown. The Coral Beach & resort looks spectacular and the food absolutely delicious. I have never been to Bermuda but now that I am seeing your pictures I wish I could book my destination wedding here. The problem is that my family can’t go without a visa and that I would be a total hassle. I wish they were able to travel without a visa as this looks like the perfect venue for my wedding. Maybe I could go for my honeymoon? PS Love that ring on your finger 🙂 Thanks for sharing !
    Aurela x

• Reply Candace June 14, 2017 at 4:37 PM

My fiancé and I are seriously considering a destination wedding because they’re actually a lot cheaper than standard ones, it’s crazy! I had no idea The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort existed. It’s really the ideal place to get married, due to the various venue selections and also the meals themselves! I also didn’t know Bermuda designed their houses like that! It’s awesome that they found another way to conserve water since they don’t have any surrounding them. This would be my dream destination for my wedding for sure!

• Reply Madison C Williams June 14, 2017 at 5:55 PM

Mandy! The timing of this post couldn’t be more perfect – my boyfriend and I are headed to Bali next week for a friend’s destination wedding! Your time at The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort looked incredible – you look gorgeous and I would definitely keep Bermuda in mind for a potential destination wedding someday! Thank you for sharing!! xx

• Reply Natalia k June 14, 2017 at 7:52 PM

I think destination weddings are all the rage these days who wants to get married in your own hometown ,when you can go somewhere exciting like a tropical island, i’m engaged not married yet and I definitely know that I want to get married on the beach somewhere exotic.
    I’ve been to Bermuda before and I totally agree it would be a wonderful place to get married I love all the pictures your hair and dress are spectacular and all that food looks simply amazing.
    Xo
    Natalia k

• Reply Manda June 15, 2017 at 12:57 AM

I’m married but The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort in Bermuda could be a great place for my husband and I to escape on a second honeymoon! Other than the Triangle, I don’t hear much about Bermuda so I’m really interested in reading this post!
    I’m immediately captivated by your description of the colorful houses and the fact that they collect rain water! I love that they can accommodate a family as well! I can imagine how beautifully incredible it would be to be married at a resort like this! You look amazing in that gown and OH EM GE that ring is so pretty! The food looks just delicious and that pretty blue view behind you is wonderful!

Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

• Reply Everest June 15, 2017 at 3:18 AM

Oooo Mandy, Bermuda looks like a wonderful place to celebrate the union of a couple in love! The Coral Beach and Tennis Resort is such a beautiful place which sounds like a great place to stay and feel at home and fed proper during the holiday. I never thought much of Bermuda until I read your post! I really thought it was a dodgy place.

The photography in this post is so beautiful I wana get married again! Love that bling bling ring of yours!
    kisses,
    Everest

• Reply Kayla June 15, 2017 at 4:07 AM

Oh, wow! I wish I would have seen this place before I started planning my wedding! It’s absolutely beautiful there! Think I can have two weddings? lol But I love that they have enough space to accommodate over 100 people, that is usually tough to do for destination weddings. Will definitely recommend this for some of my girlfriend’s who are soon to married!

• Reply Maggie June 15, 2017 at 6:15 AM

Wow. The Coral Beach and Tennis Resort is so stunning. The ocean is so clear and blue and it honestly sounds so much better than Hawaii. Your photos look so breathtaking as well. I thought about doing a destination wedding, but we had too many guests that wouldn’t be able to attend so we resorted to a local wedding instead. It’d be fun to visit this resort for vacation though!

xoxo,
    Maggie S.
    clothestomidnight.com

• Reply Vanessa Berlin June 15, 2017 at 10:16 AM

What a lovely post, Mandy! I am married but if I wouldn’t, I would love to plan my wedding in such a wonderful place. The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort in Bermuda, is beyond gorgeous. A truly paradise, perfect to celebrate such an important and unique ceremony. I have never been in Bermuda, but it’s definitely under my wishlist for travel destinations, even to spend a relaxing time with my hubby. I can imagine myself waking up in this paradise. The view is so dreamy!
    I would recommend this post as a wonderful wedding destination info, to some friends!

Have a nice day!

Vanessa

• Reply Sheree June 15, 2017 at 1:28 PM

Aw, too bad I’m already married, but a destination wedding in the Bermuda looks and sounds amazing!! I love anywhere with sun, beach and a good time. The Coral Beach and Tennis Resort is so beautiful and the location is ideal for a tropical beach destination wedding for sure.

xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

• Reply Jacqueline June 15, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Girl so much yassss!! I actually thought about if I ever got married to have a destination wedding. Bermuda is definitely one of the places I considered for a honeymoon so for a wedding there too that would be perfection. This all sounds so amazing and I love that there’s so many options to chose from!!

• Reply Jessie June 15, 2017 at 3:55 PM

Bermuda looks so heavenly Mandy! If I’m getting a destination wedding, Bermuda would definitely be on top of my list!! or definitely make it on my honeymoon destination list! It is quite far to get to right? from Sydney! How long was the flights?

I love that wedding dress on you and that ring!!! gosh it is is breathtaking! I can totally picture you getting married with that dress on the island!

xx, Jessie

• Reply Warren Pasi June 15, 2017 at 5:04 PM

You seriously are so lucky Mandy and gorgeous that dress is stunning on you! such a great post I never thought of putting Bemuda down on possible wedding locations but it looks like a fab place so looks like I will have to put it down on my list of possible destination wedding locations in the future! xx

• Reply Eliza June 15, 2017 at 6:57 PM

The destination wedding is definitely my theme, coz I got married in Iceland, so I know exactly what it means. And I would say it’s definitely worth it. I wanted to get married somewhere in the North so I did. But now when I read your post and see all these wonderful pictures, I wanna get married there, haha.
    The Bermuda triangle has always fascinated me. And I do think that this is such a romantic place to get married. Maybe we’ll celebrate the renewal of our vows there some day. Thanks for the recommendation. This place is already on my bucket list.

Cheers, Eliza | http://www.fashion-confession.com

• Reply Lana June 16, 2017 at 1:16 AM

That place is so nice for weddings! I live in Cyprus and we have so many weddings here, many couples come here in the summer to make a destination wedding. I think wedding by the sea are the best one, what can be more romantic?
    I am not typical girl, I’ve never dreamed about to be a wife and have beautiful wedding and dress, but when I met my future husband I started to think about it and now I know that my dream wedding should be by the beach 🙂

• Reply Thomas Falkenstedt June 21, 2017 at 3:08 AM

Aww Mandy, can you find me a future hubby to be so I can plan my wedding in Bermuda at The Coral Beach & Tennis Resort? It looks like the ideal location and I wouldn’t mind a small wedding with only me, my future hubby and our most immediate friends and families. Like 200 of them would be enough. Just kidding. I also love the fact that the rooftops have an actual function to them and as there is no source of fresh water (well, now there is thanks to that) that’s an amazing invention. But enough about roof tops as the location is EVERYTHING here. I absolutely adore the views and you look amazing too here hun! 🙂
    xoxo
    Thomas

• Reply Diana June 21, 2017 at 6:27 PM

Seeing this place makes more think of my wedding too. It is quite amazing place to explore and just enjoy beauty weather. I would definitely love to stay in the Coral Beach & Tennis Resort.